Adam works primarily with business clients on a wide variety of legal issues. With a background in finance, Adam especially enjoys assisting business owners who have cultivated their own companies and are ready to sell to retire and enjoy the fruits of their labor. Adam also works on mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, franchise issues on behalf of franchisors and franchisees, real estate transactions, private placement offerings, bank loans (both asset-based and real estate-based), creditor’s rights, workouts, entity formation, employment agreements, non-competition agreements, and general contract negotiation and drafting. Adam’s business clients include family-owned businesses, banks, and farms of all sizes.
Adam also utilizes his business experience in his work for local municipalities. He has extensive experience dealing with issues relating to municipal law, including frac sand mining.
A Clear Lake native, Adam practiced in a large Florida firm and in Minneapolis before joining Bakke Norman. Adam and his family reside about 10 miles north of Amery.
- Director & Secretary, Polk County Economic Development Corporation (2011-current)
News and Publications
- Author/Lecturer, “Regulating Frac Sand and Other Non-Metallic Mining in Wisconsin: The Role of Towns after Zwiefelhofer v. Town of Cooks Valley” Wisconsin Town Lawyers Conference (April 2012)
- Lecturer, “Western Wisconsin Real Estate Update” Breakfast With Bakke Norman (May 2012)
- Lecturer, “Frac Sand Update” Bakke Norman Municipal Seminar (2012)
- Author/Lecturer, “Non-competition Agreements” HR Users Group (2012)
- Lecturer, “005 Interview with Attorney Adam Jarchow Discussing Concealed Carry” on www.concealedwisconsin.com.
- Author, “Blight: In the Eye of the Beholder” Bakke Norman Municipal Law Alert (April 2011)
- Author, “Parliamentary Procedure for Local Government: What’s Your Procedure?” Bakke Norman Municipal Law Alert (May 2010)
- Author/Lecturer, “Constitutional Issues re: Adult Entertainment and Firearms” Bakke Norman Municipal Seminar (2010)
- Author, “Ordinances Regulating Aesthetics” Bakke Norman Municipal Law Alert (October 2009)
- Co-Author/Co-Lecturer, “Surviving a Farm Crisis” (December 2009)
- The University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, 2004, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Managing Editor of the Law Review
- University of South Florida, BA, Finance, 2001, cum laude