Kate is a trial attorney with a focus on criminal defense and OWI representation. She also assists individuals with a variety of legal matters related to personal injury and family law.
She received her undergraduate degree from Hamline University in St. Paul, MN. Before returning to school to earn her law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, MN, she taught elementary school in a bilingual classroom in Las Vegas, Nevada and worked for Thomson Reuters in Eagan, MN. While in law school, she represented clients as a certified student attorney with the Washington County Public Defender’s Office in Minnesota. Prior to joining Bakke Norman, Kate practiced for 5 years with the Hertel Law, S.C, in Eau Claire, WI providing legal representation in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury and general civil litigation.
Kate lives in New Richmond, WI with her husband and two daughters. In her free time she enjoys golfing, playing Wii with her daughters and relaxing with family and friends.
- Member, Eau Claire County Bar Association
- Member, Chippewa County Bar Associations
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Judge, Wisconsin State Mock Trial Competition
News and Publications
- Author/Lecturer, “Handling OWI Cases in Wisconsin,” State Bar of Wisconsin “Build Your Practice” Series (2010)
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD, 2007
- Hamline University, BA, 1998