This outline is designed to provide basic information about bankruptcy. It also contains specific information about the unique challenges and considerations of bankruptcy as it applies to banks as creditors.
The topics addressed in this outline include:
- What are the different types of bankruptcy?
- What is included in the bankruptcy estate?
- What is the automatic stay?
- Why should I have the debtor reaffirm the debt?
- What information is important on the notice of bankruptcy filing?
- How does a bankruptcy affect a foreclosure?
Disclaimer: This outline is designed to be educational and informative, but it is not legal advice. Bankruptcy law is constantly evolving and subject to change. Each situation is unique, and each bankruptcy should be addressed to fit the unique situation.