David has devoted his career to maximizing recoveries for his clients in personal injury and employment discrimination cases. He has used his knowledge, skills and experience to successfully represent individuals with personal injury claims involving:
- semi-tractor trailer crashes;
- car accidents;
- wrongful death claims;
- motorcycle accidents;
- dog bites;
- product defect claims;
- slip and fall cases;
- industrial work accidents; and
- uninsured and underinsured motorist claims.
David has tried injury claims in both Wisconsin and Minnesota, and his skills are aptly summarized in a juror’s email following trial:
I’m impressed! If ever I have need of a personal injury attorney you’ll be the first person I call. Have a nice weekend sir.
David has also successfully handled numerous employment discrimination and civil rights cases in state and federal courts, as well as in various administrative forums. He has obtained back pay, front pay, job reinstatement and discrimination damages for many clients.
David resides in Menomonie with his wife and children. Before returning to Wisconsin, David practiced law in New Ulm, Minnesota and served as a Judge Advocate in the Minnesota Army National Guard in the enlisted and officer ranks. When he is not busy with work, he enjoys spending time hunting, fishing, and camping with his family and friends.
- Dunn County Court Commissioner – Reserve (2014-present)
- Dunn County Condemnation Commissioner (2014-present)
- In a semi-tractor trailer collision resulting in a back injury, recovered $550,000 more than the client’s prior attorney recommended he accept. Sams v. Manitoba Public Ins. Co., Dunn County Case No. 2009CV151.
- Recovered $500,000 for injuries due to a dog bite. Lewis v. Western Nat’l. Ins. Co., Dunn County Case No. 2009CV413.
- Recovered $250,000 for an ankle injury suffered due to a slip and fall on ice. Baggenstoss v. West Bend Mut. Ins. Co., St. Croix County Case No. 2010CV1009.
- Prevailed in Mork v. Super 8 Motels, ERD Case No. 200700492 (wage and hour retaliation case).
- Prevailed in Linehan v. City of River Falls, Pierce County Case No. 2009CV470 (wage and hour case).
- Prevailed in Marich v. Phoenix Fixture, ERD Case No. CR200600628/ EEOC Case No. 26G200600629C (disability discrimination case).
- Prevailed in Kaiser v. Roehl Transport, Inc., ERD Case No. CR2008025881/EEOC Case No. 26G200801786C (disability discrimination case).
- Recovered $500,000 for a student in a disability discrimination/failure to provide equal access claim. Busone v. Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin Case No. 12-CV-671.
- Prevailed in Williams v. Lake Country Dairy, Inc., ERD Case No. CR201100950 (Wisconsin Family Medical Leave Act case).
- Prevailed in Vang v. CEVA Logistics, Inc., ERD Case No. CR200502577 (arrest/conviction record discrimination case).
News and Publications
- Co-Lecturer, “Employment Law Changes that Affect School Administrators” Association of Wisconsin School Administrators (AWSA) Summer Legal Seminar (2012)
- Co-Author/Co-Lecturer, “State Disability Discrimination Law from Both the Plaintiff’s and Defense’s Perspective” State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention (2003)
- Author/Lecturer, “Employment & Personnel Issues” Bakke Norman Municipal Seminar (2006 & 2007)
- Co-Author of chapter on “Actions Affecting the Family” in the Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, published by the State Bar of Wisconsin (2000–01)
- University of North Dakota, JD, 1997, with Distinction
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, BS, Biology, 1992