Deanne counsels lenders and businesses on collection issues and creditors’ rights in bankruptcy. Her creditor representation includes assisting clients with commercial and residential foreclosures, loan opinions, replevins, workout and forbearance agreements and defending against lender liability actions. Deanne also regularly appears in federal bankruptcy court when representing creditors. With Deanne’s comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and the Uniform Commercial Code, she offers her clients practical advice which allows them to pragmatically assess cases.
Deanne’s experience with complex commercial restructuring and litigation for local lenders has given her special expertise in the areas of real estate law and business finance. She leverages this knowledge to assist clients in litigation involving real estate and business disputes. Deanne has authored articles published in the Wisconsin Lawyer, Law Practice Today (ABA) and the Real Estate Litigation Newsletter (ABA), among others.
Deanne has been twice elected to the State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors to represent all attorneys in District 8, which includes St. Croix, Pierce, Polk, Dunn and Eau Claire Counties. Most recently, Deanne was nominated to chair the Board of Governors for 2017-2018.
Deanne, her husband and twin girls live on the Kinnickinnic River near Roberts. When she is not busy with work, she enjoys coaching basketball and hunting deer and turkey with her father.
- “Rising Star” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers (2010–2016)
- Board member, Western Wisconsin Health (2017-present)
- Board member, State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors (2014-2018)
- Board member, Central St. Croix Chamber of Commerce (2012-2015)
- Member, Nominating Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2016-2017)
- Member, Finance Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2014–2015)
- Member, Bench and Bar Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2010–2013)
- Treasurer, Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin (2008–2014)
- “Up and Coming Lawyer” as designated by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2009)
- Graduate, Leadership Trust Initiative (2017)
- Graduate, Leadership Menomonie (2006–2007)
- Successfully defended a shareholder’s interest at trial when a minority shareholder attempted to have the corporation judicially dissolved.
- Negotiated and obtained secured status for a previously scheduled unsecured lender in Chapter 12 bankruptcy.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of Chapter 11 bankruptcy on behalf of the largest secured creditor.
- When a local lender was sued for breach of good faith and fair dealing, obtained dismissal of the case with no damages assessed against the lender.
- Effectively negotiated a financial workout agreement for local lender with customer owing millions in past-due loans with collateral in 4 states.
News and Publications
- Lecturer, “Navigating 11 U.S.C. sec. 552’s Effect on Pre-Petition Security Interests in Proceeds,” Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, American Bankruptcy Institute (June 2017)
- Lecturer, “Piercing the Corporate Veil,” Bankruptcy Institute – 2016 Annual Update, Western and Eastern Districts, State Bar of Wisconsin (November 2016)
- Lecturer, “Secured Creditor Panel,” Northwestern Wisconsin Bankruptcy Institute, State Bar of Wisconsin (May 2015)
- Lecturer, “Construction Lien Law for Realtors & Builders,” Breakfast with Bakke Norman Seminar: 2014 Real Estate and Construction Industry Update (February 2014)
- Author, “You Can Be Accessible and Also Have a Life,” The Young Lawyer, American Bar Association, Vol. 17, Issue 8 (June 2013)
- Lecturer, “Avoiding Pitfalls when Collecting on Accounts,” Breakfast with Bakke Norman Seminar: Banker Boot Camp (January 2013)
- Author, “There’s More to Law than Lawyering,” Law Practice Today, American Bar Association (May 2012)
- Co-Author, “Leveraging All Knowledge in Real Estate Disputes,” Real Estate Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association (Spring 2011, Vol. 9, No. 2)
- Co-Author, Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, State Bar of Wisconsin (2007–2016)
- Author/Lecturer, “Foreclosure 101,” Wisconsin’s Money Smart Week (2010)
- Moderator/Host, “Managing and Leveraging Generation Differences,” State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention (2010)
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD, 2006, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, BS, 2003, magna cum laude