Deanne counsels lenders and businesses on collection issues and creditors’ rights in bankruptcy. Her creditor representation includes assisting clients with commercial and residential foreclosures, loan opinions, replevins, workout and forbearance agreements and defending against lender liability actions. Deanne also regularly appears in federal bankruptcy court when representing creditors. Her bankruptcy work includes pursuing adversary actions, defending against avoidance actions and other litigation to protect creditors’ rights in bankruptcy.
Deanne’s experience with complex commercial workouts and litigation for local lenders has given her special expertise in the areas of real estate law and business finance. She leverages this knowledge to assist clients in litigation involving real estate and business disputes. Deanne has authored articles published in the Wisconsin Lawyer, Law Practice Today (ABA), The Young Lawyer (ABA), and the Real Estate Litigation Newsletter (ABA).
Deanne has been twice elected to the State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors to represent all attorneys in District 8, which includes St. Croix, Pierce, Polk, Dunn and Eau Claire Counties.
Deanne, her husband and twin girls live on the Kinnickinnic River near Roberts. When she is not busy with work, she enjoys coaching basketball and hunting deer and turkey with her father.
- Elected member, State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors (2014, 2016)
- Appointed by the State Bar President to the Nominating Committee (2016-2017)
- “Rising Star” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers (2010–2016)
- Graduate, Leadership Trust Initiative (2015)
- Appointed by the State Bar President to the Finance Committee (2014–2015)
- Treasurer, Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin (2008–2014)
- Appointed by the State Bar President to the Bench and Bar Committee (2010–2013)
- “Up and Coming Lawyer” as designated by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2009)
- Graduate, Leadership Menomonie (2006–2007)
- Successfully defended a shareholder’s interest at trial when a minority shareholder attempted to have the corporation judicially dissolved.
- Negotiated and obtained secured status for a previously scheduled unsecured lender in Chapter 12 bankruptcy.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of Chapter 11 bankruptcy on behalf of the largest secured creditor.
- When a local lender was sued for breach of good faith and fair dealing, obtained dismissal of the case with no damages assessed against the lender.
- Effectively negotiated a financial workout agreement for local lender with customer owing over $10.8 million in past-due loans with collateral in 4 states.
News and Publications
- Lecturer, “Piercing the Corporate Veil,” Bankruptcy Institute – 2016 Annual Update, Western and Eastern Districts, State Bar of Wisconsin (November 2016)
- Lecturer, “Secured Creditor Panel,” Northwestern Wisconsin Bankruptcy Institute, State Bar of Wisconsin (May 2015)
- Lecturer, “Construction Lien Law for Realtors & Builders,” Breakfast with Bakke Norman Seminar: 2014 Real Estate and Construction Industry Update (February 2014)
- Author, “You Can Be Accessible and Also Have a Life,” The Young Lawyer, American Bar Association, Vol. 17, Issue 8 (June 2013)
- Lecturer, “Avoiding Pitfalls when Collecting on Accounts,” Breakfast with Bakke Norman Seminar: Banker Boot Camp (January 2013)
- Author, “There’s More to Law than Lawyering,” Law Practice Today, American Bar Association (May 2012)
- Co-Author, “Leveraging All Knowledge in Real Estate Disputes,” Real Estate Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association (Spring 2011, Vol. 9, No. 2)
- Co-Author, Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, State Bar of Wisconsin (2007–2016)
- Author/Lecturer, “Foreclosure 101,” Wisconsin’s Money Smart Week (2010)
- Moderator/Host, “Managing and Leveraging Generation Differences,” State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention (2010)
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD, 2006, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, BS, 2003, magna cum laude