Pete is a civil and business litigator, with an emphasis on commercial litigation, employment law, and intellectual property disputes. He also has experience in litigating a number of different cases involving farm-related issues. His trial experience includes jury and court trials before administrative, state, and federal courts. He has handled appeals to the State of Wisconsin Court of Appeals, the State of Wisconsin Supreme Court, the Federal 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Federal 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. He has been recognized as among the top 5% of all lawyers in Wisconsin by Super Lawyers, an independent ranking updated annually by Thomson Reuters.
Pete represents both employees and employers in his employment practice, giving him insight on the opponent’s strategy. He has presented at several State Bar of Wisconsin conventions regarding employment law issues and periodically lectures employers and employer groups regarding employment-related issues.
Pete is a long-time resident of Menomonie.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer – Employment (2009-2015)
- Anderson v. Hebert, Barron County, 2012, Jury Verdict $175,000 (defamation claim by public employee).
- Harmon and Solie v. A-1 Excavating, Inc., W.D. Wis., 2009, Jury Verdict $750,000 (gender discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation claims).
- Bankruptcy Estate of KDC v. First Products, Inc., Eau Claire County, 2010, Judgment $11,000,000 (business dispute involving misappropriation of trade secrets).
- Ekstrand v. Somerset School District, W.D. Wis., 2010, Jury Verdict $1,996,000 (Americans with Disabilities Act claim).
- University of Minnesota Law School, JD, 1990, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, BA, 1987
- Pete Reinhardt and David Schoenberger to Speak to School Administrators
- Pete Reinhardt to Speak at Employment Law Clinic
- $11 Million Judgment for Food Manufacturer
- Trial Victory for Employees Facing Discrimination and Harrassment
- Employment Law Client Guide for Employees
- Tim O’Brien and Pete Reinhardt recognized