“Hot Topics in Farming and Agribusiness” is the topic of the next installment of “Breakfast with Bakke Norman,” a free quarterly seminar series. The seminar will be held on October 30, 2012, at Bill’s Distributing in Menomonie. Registration, hot breakfast and networking begins at 8:30 am. The program will be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Register now by clicking here or calling 715-246-3800. Registration appreciated by October 26; seating will be available on the day of the event. The program is free and open to the public.
Opening remarks and a survey of current issues in agriculture will be made by Bob Richardson, attorney with Bakke Norman and tax preparer with Richardson Tax & Accounting. Scheduled panelists include:
- Bridget Finke, Bakke Norman, to provide an estate tax update;
- Steve Bodart, Lookout Ridge Consulting, to discuss utilizing benchmarks and ratios to determine farm financial health;
- Tammy Skoglund, Bakke Norman, to share tax opportunities in 2012 and expected changes in 2013;
- Michael Davis, David & Goldfarb, to talk about immigration and I-9s; and
- Tim O’Brien, Bakke Norman, to give insight on the enforcement of weight and size limits on farm equipment on roads.