Bakke Norman hosted its Municipal Seminar on Thursday, April 5, 2012, at the Ready Randy’s Conference Center, 1490 131st St., New Richmond, WI.
Seminar sessions included:
- Law update presented by Tom Schumacher
- Frac sand update presented by Adam Jarchow
- Open records & open meetings panel discussion
- Healthcare for municipalities – featuring special guest speakers Katie Cole and Jill Luken from JA Counter & Associates
- Municipal finance – featuring special guest speakers Sean Lentz and Brian Reilly from Ehlers
- Municipal Financial Statements presented by Tom Schumacher
- Regulatory ordinances & their enforcement – featuring guest speaker Lee Turonie from the Wisconsin Towns Association
Video of the presenatations is available at Bakke Norman’s YouTube channel at: http://youtube.com/bakkenorman or continue to scroll through these pages.
Tom Schumacher greeted the attendees.
Tom Schumacher also gave a legal update of new legislation and recent cases.
Adam Jarchow gave a brief update on frac sand issues.
Jill Luken and Katie Cole from JA Counter & Associates discussed the current healthcare environment and how a municipality could benefit from understanding more than just paying a premium.
Sean Lentz and Brian Reilly from Ehlers discussed municipal finance.
Lee Turonie from the Wisconsin Towns Association discussed regulatory ordinances & their enforcement.
The evening concluded with a panel discussion.