Bridget assists individuals and businesses throughout northwestern Wisconsin with business, real estate, estate planning and probate issues. Utilizing her personal experience growing up on a dairy farm, Bridget assists farm families with their legal needs, including transitioning and protecting the family farm. She uses a variety of strategies for business succession planning, such as business entities, buy-sell agreements, trusts and wills. Bridget also prosecutes and defends appeals, drawing on her experience as law clerk to Judge Gregory Peterson at the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
Bridget is a past officer of the St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Community Foundation of Dunn County and the River Falls FFA Alumni. She is also a frequent speaker on estate planning topics, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and marital property agreements. She visits monthly with Bob Bosold on WAXX 104.5 about topics of interest to farmers.
An avid Green Bay Packers fan, Bridget loves spending Sunday afternoons at Lambeau Field.
- “Rising Star” as designated by Wisconsin Super Lawyers (2015)
- Vice-Chair, Community Foundation of Dunn County (2011-12)
- Graduate, Leadership Menomonie (2006-07)
- Officer, St. Croix Valley Bar Association (2011-present)
- Vice President, River Falls FFA Alumni (2013)
- Worked with a multi-generational family farm to create and document a plan for transition of farm management and transfer of farm assets.
- Assisted manufacturing company with acquisition of several new product lines.
- Represented business partners to negotiate a purchase agreement and form a new business entity to purchase commercial real estate.
News and Publications
- Lecturer, “Estate Tax” Breakfast with Bakke Norman (October 2012)
- Lecturer, “Drafting Buy-Sell Agreements” Breakfast with Bakke Norman (August 2013)
- Co-Author/Co-Lecturer, “Estate Planning for Farm Families” UW-Extension Farm Adult Education (2010)
- Co-Author, “Leveraging All Knowledge in Real Estate Disputes,” Real Estate Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association (Spring 2011, Vol. 9, No. 2)
- Author/Lecturer, “Estate Planning Basics” Wisconsin’s Money Smart Week (2010)
- Author/Lecturer, “Assessments and Municipal Boards of Review in a Declining Market” Bakke Norman Municipal Seminar (2009)
- Author/Lecturer on “Estate Planning,” Dunn County Caregiver & Alzheimer’s Support Groups; American Heart Association; Polk County Alzheimer’s Support Group; Regional Caregiver Conference 2011; Somerset Senior Center (2012)
- Author/Lecturer on Financial Powers of Attorney Regional Caregiver Conference 2010; Menomonie Sunrise Rotary (2011)
- Author/Lecturer on Powers of Attorney Menomonie Women of the Moose (2009)
- Author/Lecturer, “Starting a Business: Legal Considerations” Stout Entrepreneurship Association (2009)
- Author/Lecturer, “Estate Planning for Young Families” St. Joe’s Catholic Church (2012)
- Author/Lecturer, “Introduction to Wills, Estate Planning and Probate” Boyceville Community Education (2012)
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, 2004, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls, BS, 2000, Speech Communication and Business Administration, summa cum laude